Cosmetic DentistryTeeth Whitening, Bonding, Veneers, Implants and Limited Orthodontics
Our staff has extensive experience with cosmetic dentistry. Schedule a consultation with us to find out what your options are for brightening your smile or for repairing unsightly stains, chips, gaps or other flaws in your teeth. Following are a few of the ways we can use cosmetic dentistry to improve your appearance:
- Bonding. This is a process using a plastic resin to repair teeth that are chipped, cracked, broken, discolored or decayed. Bonding can also be used to make gaps between teeth appear narrower. The color of the resin is matched to your teeth so that the repair work is not noticeable. Bonding is relatively inexpensive and can be finished in a single office visit.
- Veneers. Veneers are thin porcelain pieces attached to your teeth to cover cracks, close gaps, hide discolorations and rebuild chips. Veneers are made in a dental lab based on molds and color matches made in our office, so the process requires more than one office visit from start to finish.
- Bleaching or tooth whitening. If you have teeth that are stained yellow from caffeine, smoking, or normal aging we can probably lighten them several shades using peroxide bleaching compounds. We can make a whitening kit that is custom fit to your mouth for whitening your teeth at home, or we can whiten your teeth in our office over the course of one or more visits.
- Dental implants. We can insert permanent implants in missing tooth sockets that anchor crowns or other dental work to replace missing teeth. The artificial teeth are matched to the color of surrounding teeth so that the work is not apparent when you speak or smile.
- Orthodontic treatment. If you have a gap between your front teeth or a few crooked teeth, we may be able to improve the appearance of your teeth with orthodontic treatment using partial or full braces or retainers.
This is only a brief overview of what we can do to improve the appearance of your mouth and teeth. Call us with any questions you have about your teeth and the role cosmetic dentistry can play in making you feel better about the way you look.