Dental crowns are often the best solution when it comes to repairing a damaged tooth or improving the appearance of your mouth. A crown is crafted from either tough ceramic and/or a combination of ceramic and gold in a dental laboratory to our specifications so that it matches the color and fits in with the surrounding teeth. Placing a crown usually involves two office visits: one for shaping the tooth to fit the crown and the second for cementing the crown into place.
In many situations, dental crowns can save natural teeth that would otherwise be lost due to damage or decay. Dental crowns are well suited for:
- Repairing a broken tooth or to keep a cracked tooth from coming apart.
- Improving the appearance of a discolored tooth.
- Building up a tooth to match the length of surrounding teeth.
- Covering a large filling to keep the tooth from cracking.
- Capping a tooth after a root canal procedure.
- Finishing the top of an artificial dental implant.
Come to Dinka Dental for a complete consultation. We will evaluate your oral health and let you know if we think you need a crown to repair or save a damaged tooth. We use local anesthetics when we prepare your tooth for a crown and for any other dental procedures that might cause discomfort. We can administer nitrous oxide if you need help relaxing while we prepare your tooth and place the finished crown.